Eventful Times for Virtual Markets
By: Carter Allegrant
Before starting to talk about the true topic of this post I would like to take a minute to apologize to all our readers out there for the lack of updated content this past weeks. I am currently working very hard behind-the-scenes to make sure the newspaper can grow and become a premium source for all virtual world users interested in finance and trading as well as education. From the day we started our publication, approximately three months ago, we have received a lot of honest support from the trading community and that is something we are very proud. That is why for the past few weeks I been working very hard to bring about some surprises to our readers and I can say that everything goes as plan in the upcoming weeks you will see a lot of new content and features.
That said lets get on to the news,
May 16- May 22 : Capital Stock Exchange News Report
1) One of the biggest news this past week has been the launching of Earn2Life’s initial public offering. The company which specializes in giving virtual users the opportunity to fill out web surveys for Linden dollars has a long history and seems so far to be a reliable venture with solid reasons for wanting additional capital in order to expand. The IPO which started on Monday, May 16, has up to the moment sold 96% of all its shares and raised 3,610,273 L$ in just seven days a fact which should give everyone an idea of the amount of money that can be raised in the current market simply by presenting a solid prospectus and communicating with interested investors. Glaznah Gassner has done a great job so far keeping track of the company forum and responding questions which shows a clear commitment to his venture.
I would recommend all investors read the prospectus of the company and see if its an investment that might fit their portfolios. There is still 3% unsold and I think the price of 2.50L is reasonable for what the company is bringing to the table.
2) Delicious Demar Enterprises & Virtual Stock Investment Fund are once again in the trading floor after being halted for non-compliance of exchange rules. (http://www.slcapex.com/home/story/system/3071)
This should not come as a big surprise given that the CEO of both companies Ms.Delicious Demar has always demonstrated a professional business attitude and care for the shareholders that have given her their trust. I am really glad she is back and I really look forward to seeing both ventures grow and deliver further dividends to the shareholders.
3) Graves Apothecary after finishing their Initial Public Offering announced that they were working hard on a new line of products and a innovative scripting project. The company also announced it would pay dividends exactly one month after the closing date of their IPO.(http://www.slcapex.com/home/story/GAP/3065)
The CEO Mr.Bobkin Graves is off to a good start and I believe his company has a lot of potential if it can market the new products properly. My best advice to those who currently have GAP shares is to hold on to them and see how things develop since it would be a shame to sell them now when they have a good chance of going up in value in the near future.
4) Blue Diamond Virtual Reit Alain Delpiaz announces further travels in the company forum “And as a heads-up i am letting you all know that i will be traveeling again in june (from the 6th until the 12th in Faroe Islands) and again at the end of july (specific dates still to be determined)” (http://www.slcapex.com/forums/topic/BDVR/3057)
To this we should add the absence Mr.Delpiaz has just come back from which was also mentioned in the forum on May 8th “I will be on RL vacation from may the 12th until may the 22nd. During this time Kafka Frugel (aka IndiaRaven Hausmann) will be adressing all questions regarding BDVR.” Finally there is also the absence which was announced by Mr.Delpiaz on February 9th ” due to my RL vacation i will be absent from SL from the 23rd of february until the 15th of march.”(http://www.slcapex.com/forums/topic/BDVR/3057)
When I interviewed Mr.Delpiaz a while back I really though he had some good ideas to improve the company and did not altogether abandoned plans for growth like I had thought. However, when we consider all the amount of time he needs to devote to real life commitments the question arises about whether it would be best to pass the leadership to Mr.Frugel in order to allow him to fully take care of his real life work. I am not saying that Mr. Delpiaz is a bad manager nor that he is abandoning the company but rather saying that if he has a need to travel for the trade with which he earns a living he might need to reassess if he has enough time to commit to two publicly traded ventures.
5) Evo Breeding Company should definitely be considered a success story for the exchange so far when it comes to delivering value to its shareholders. Not only has the stock appreciated by 65% which is outstanding but it also continues to announce the creation of new products with which to enhance its revenue stream. The latest of which is a very fancy hud-based game which can be described as follows ” CI-Trek is a Space Civilization Game HUD, were you can build your star empire, forme aliances with friends, colonize new planets and fight for the Glory of your Empire.” I haven’t personally tested the product yet but I plan to do so in the near future too see if its as realistic as their line of pets.
EVO is a great opportunity for long term investment and one which I think is lead by a capable team who has so far been honest and straightforward in delivering what they mentioned in their prospectus.
Those are the highlights of this past week, I hope you find them useful to make wise investment decisions and I welcome you to express any views you may have on each item as a comment below. I anwser all comments pretty fast and they help improve the nature of the paper’s content so if you have time please take a minute to drop a note.
Thanks for reading,
Metaverse Business Journal – Editor in Chief